Export and import certification

An import licence issued by the Animal and Plant Health Agency is required before any animal or product of animal origin can be imported into the UK. There are stringent health requirements which must be satisfied before these licences are issued, depending on the nature of material and its origin. We can advise on the licensing process.

Similarly, animals and animal products to be exported must satisfy the entry requirements of the importing country. In most cases an export certificate will be needed to verify the health status of the animal or product. APHA can issue these certificates on behalf of the importing country. Some countries require that these are signed by an APHA approved official veterinarian. Several Red Kite vets are approved official veterinarians for this purpose.

More information on importing and exporting animals and animal products can be found here.